My revolution is for implementation of Article 38 of Constitution: Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri addresses mammoth protest rally
Pakistan Awami Tehreek leader Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri has said that authoritarianism of the political elite holds sway in Pakistan. He said that there is no democracy in the country and what is often described as democracy by the vested interests is ‘majbooriyat’ to put it mildly. He said that this oppressive system is taking away from people their right to life. He said that his peaceful and democratic revolution would be guided by Article 38 of the Constitution, following which the government of the people, by the people and for the people would be established.
Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri said that those who have been obstructing the way of positive change for last 65 years are about to be swept away by the flood of the people. He said that the brave people of Lahore have passed their verdict against the ruling elite that is responsible for plunging them in the fire of corruption and price hike. He said that the presence of hundreds of thousands people in Sunday’s mammoth protest rally reflects their unwavering faith in PAT’s voice of change. He said that time to send the looters and robbers packing is getting closer. He said that PAT would give land to landless farmers, employment to the skilled people, monthly allowance of ten thousand rupees to the jobless, and a 5-marla free plot to the homeless people. He said that ratio of taxation would be increased on the moneyed classes and the members of Parliament.
Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri expressed these views while addressing over 0.3 million people at PAT’s protest rally against massive price hike, unemployment and rampant corruption at historic Mall Road Lahore on December 29. He delivered this keynote address through a video link from Canada. He said that PAT would eliminate terrorism from the country in one year, adding that we did not approve of any kind of authoritarianism, extremism and Mullahism.
Dr Qadri said that the national resources are being squandered away mercilessly. He said that the ministers of the ruling party and the ‘scions’ of the ruling family take pleasure trips in helicopters at public expense in the name of checking price hike. He said that helicopters need to be handed over to Pakistan Army so that they could further perform their duties in more professional manner. He said that the ruling elite did not learn any lesson from the kings of Russia and France.
He made it clear that Dr Qadri’s revolution would be peaceful and not even a single drop of blood would be shed. He said that people would have to take to streets to get their rights.
Earlier addressing the protest rally, Dr Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri, the President of PAT’s Federal Council, said that the Lahore protest rally is a public referendum against the rulers. He said that endless waves of protesters on the Mall Road were proof of the fact that the days of the ruling elite had been numbered. He said that the oppressed people have got a real leader in the person of Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri, adding that there was no place for authoritarian rulers in the country.
Dr Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri said that the people of Lahore proved through their massive attendance that the sons, daughters of this great motherland would not rest till the dawn of revolution. Terming the Lahore rally as harbinger of revolution, he said that the huge public gathering was representative of all sections of the Pakistani nation who were protesting against the tax thieves, dollar mafia, corrupt elements and loan defaulters. He said that heavens were witness to the fact that the destination of revolution was not far away, further saying that the plunderers, thieves and looters of national resources would pack up and leave before the arrival of Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri. He said that Sunday’s mammoth protest rally had a representation of all suppressed segments of the society including the labourers, farmers, teachers, lawyers, students and women in their hundreds of thousands.
Dr Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri said that time was not far when the oppressors would be held accountable for their excesses and mega corruption scandals. He said that Pakistan would only be able to progress when the power would be entrusted to the masses. He said that those who exploited the poor would not have any place to flee.
PAT president Sheikh Zahid Fayyaz and Secretary General Khurram Nawaz Gandapur also addressed the rally.
The key points of Dr Qadri’s address
- Rulers should give people their rights - as enshrined in Article 38 of the
Constitution. Otherwise people will snatch them from the exploitative establishment.
- Now the people will not die at their homes due to abject poverty. They will
stand up for their rights and snatch them.
- We want the implementation of the rights promised by the Quaid-e-Azam. To
deceive the people, the political parties have used Quaid-e Azam's name for
their political interests.
- Rulers, answer me! Do your policies conform to the ideology spelled out
by Quaid-e Azam?
- The Quaid-e Azam said: We should wholly and solely concentrate on the well-being
of the people, especially of the poor.
- The govt's policy on economic growth ignores small businesses
- The ECP - itself a corrupt body - has revealed that about the half of Pakistani
lawmakers do not pay tax.
- During the last 6 months, the uncaring government has not taken even a single
step towards tackling the people's woes.
- Because of the government's corruption, the national institutes are running
- Instead of listing strategies to eliminate exploitation, the rulers are
actively pursuing mega corruption projects by privatizing the state-owned enterprises.
- The rulers do not know how to create jobs, so they are loaning money to
- People, you pin your hopes on the rulers who have virtually wrecked your
- Public representatives, did you ever take even a single step towards the
implementation of Article 38 of the Constitution?
- My revolution is for implementation of Article 38 of the Constitution. If
the regime does not deliver rights, the people will peacefully snatch their
- We want the rigorous execution of Article 38 of the Constitution: basic
necessities of life, such as food, clothing, housing, education and medical
relief must be provided to the disadvantaged segments of society.
- Rulers, you must provide jobs to the people, otherwise you must give them
10, 000 rupees as unemployment compensation and other benefits.
- No tax - direct or indirect – should be levied by the government on the
poor citizenry of Pakistan. The government ought to impose a levy on the affluent.
- Rulers, give subsidized services to the common people, so that they may
heave a sigh of relief.
- Rulers, when I land in Pakistan, all the scum of the earth will pack and
revolution will take its course.
- The Quaid-e-Azam gave equality to the minorities. Do the rulers offer security
to the non-Muslims?
- Rulers, what steps have you taken to stem sectarianism and terrorism?
- Some parliamentarians are promoting terrorism, so the government cannot
defeat extremism and bloodshed.
- Militarism and elitism are not the solution to our problems. In true democracy
lies our solution.
- The people of Pakistan should kick out inefficient and crooked rulers from
- It is the obligation of the government to provide health, education, food,
clothing and shelter to every citizen of Pakistan.
- In Pakistan, political dictatorship reigns supreme, but we want democracy
- real democracy - not a sham one.
- The Constitution says: the citizens should have access to the issues related
to the state. But the people are denied this right to information.
- When our revolution materializes, our first action will be to improve the
lot of the poor.
- The disparity between the income of employers and employees should be decreased,
the Constitution says.
The army, to maintain law and order along the border between Pakistan Afghanistan, needs 26 helicopters.
- Rulers, give people their rights, otherwise you must remember the end of
French and Russian kings.
- We will make at least 35 provinces in Pakistan. Every division of country
will turn into a province.
- Pakistani nation - its army, doctors and students - is peerless in the whole
- The rulers have put out the love of Pakistan from the hearts of its compatriots.
- The ECP, PEMRA and NAB heads are appointed by the sitting rulers. How will
these institutes chastise the corrupt rulers?
- The only solution to the woes of Pakistan is revolution - peaceful and green
- The day I give call for revolution and millions of people take to the streets
- revolution will materialize within 24 hours - by God